Govt of Karnataka through Social welfare Department offers training to aspirants belonging to SC and ST category for IAS, KAS and other posts in reputed institutes in Delhi, Bangalore,etc., with a monthly stipend. It conducts an entrance examination for the same.
As per the scheme the pre-examination training is given through reputed institutions of the state to the candidates belonging to Backward classes who take examinations like IAS/IPS/KAS/KES etc. conducted by UPSC or KPSC.
1. The candidates should belong to Backward Classes as notified by the Government from time to time
2. He must be eligible in age and qualification for taking such competitive examination conducted by UPSC/KPSC.
3. He must have Degree/Masters Degree prescribed for such competitive examinations.
4. He should be resident of Karnataka.
5. He should not be in service, Government or private.
6. He should not be in receipt of any stipend other than the stipend given in this scheme.
7. He should not be studying any higher Education in any college.
8. He should not be a repeater.
9. Annual income of the parents/ Guardian of the candidate should not exceed 3.5 lakh(Male) and 4.5 lakh (Female)