R. UPENDRA SHETTY, Director UCC is renowned name in Educational Segment, Film Industry and Business. Upendra has completed PG in Mass Communication Journalism, Diploma in Film Direction and PG Diploma in Computer application. His talent and expertise made him to become a Youth business leader. His entrepreneurial spirit is impeccable which lead him to handle multiple business.
He serves has Director to Universal Coaching Center and personally helps students to reach their success. He is also Managing Director for Sri. Ramana Maharshi Hospitality Service (P) Ltd, Hotel Cave & Dine, Bangalore (www.cavendine.com), Hotel Rakshitha International, Belgaum (www.rakshitinternational.com) concentrates much on Mainstream Hotel industry with aim to bring luxury amenities to B-Town limits such as Belgaum and thereby help improve overall potential of the area. He is also Founder Trustee for Universal Charitable Centre, Shraddha Foundation, Trust that’s related to various charitable Educational & Social Activities in Rural & Backward Areas. A detailed Profile can be downloaded below.
Upendra Shetty has bagged several awards for his contribution in entrepreneurship and education.
1. Udyogashree Award in 2008 Received the award for Empowerment of Youth and contribution to National Development.
2. Best Coaching Class for Civil Services Examination in year 2009-10 Received Award from Mr Shashi Tharoor.
3. Best Coaching Class for Civil Services Examination in year 2010-11 Received Award from Mr Shrikanth Jena.
4. Awarded by Bunt Sangha Bangalore for the achievement in empowering the youth in year 2012 Honored by the then Chief Minister of Karnataka( D. V. Sadananda Gowda ).
5. Best Coaching Class for Civil Services Examination in year 2013 Received Award from Mr Viswanathan Anand.
6. CSR Awards in year 2015 Received Award from Editor Mr Gupta.
He is great contributor to CSR Activities.
1. Village Library concept mooted to ensure necessary books are available free of cost at the door steps of the villagers. This helped in spreading awareness and improved knowledge for 2800 villagers across 300 villages, across 20 hoblis. This program invited massive contributions in books from various organizations & individuals and was much appreciated in various media. This was achieved via door to door collection of books through library walk.
2. Extensive work during Kargil War to show cause the human rights violation by Pakistan Army and worked towards morale boosting of the general public in the border areas
3. Striving to ensure public charity for the victims of Gujarat Earthquake (Bhuj – 2000 Jan 26). Travelled across the rummages to saves lives and avoid spread of diseases
4. Extensive work on documentaries highlighting social injustices, natural calamities and other burning issues in both political and social arena
5. Contribution to Kannada Culture via Yakshagana documentary called Karnatakadalli Yakshagana
6. State Integrity song including the languages of Tulu, Kodava, Konkani and Kannada inclusive of North Karnataka lingual. Song was telecast by Doordarshan several times and was much appreciated
7. Thought Leader and extensive coacher on Youth empowerment and Leadership nurturing
8. Worked with various NGOs to train them and help create awareness on ground water level increase, water harvesting and saving water, especially in areas of water scarcity
10. Worked with various panchayat level bodies for rejuvenation of lakes and de-silting of lakes to ensure water availability throughout the year
1. Visit to South Africa aimed at understanding agriculture methodology and latest modification in crop yield and crop rotation system – Specialized Exposure to Sugarcane growth in South Africa
2. Visited Malaysia for understanding the methodology implemented in Plantation Products, mostly related to organic farming and yield increase
3. Visited UAE, China, Singapore, Macau and Hong Kong as a part of tourism activity and understand the culture and tradition of the country
4. Visited USA to attend the course in ROCKFELLER FOUNDATION, New York
1. On the advisory committee for ITES based work-enablement establishments to help rural youth get better exposure. Helped various rural based students to get industry based training after proper counseling and helped them in getting placed in various mainstream IT companies
2. Focus on development of affordable luxury hospitality services in B-town’s, thereby helping improve the facilities for incoming industrial guests to those places and also generate employment for local youth via hospitality and service industry friendly courses
3. Cross-Country connections to help understand mutual benefits & culture and thereby increase exposure to our agricultural diversity & tourism potential
4. He has produced a film “LIFU ISTENE“
1. Progressive farmer with lot of interest and expertise in Savayava Krishi (organic farming). Exposure to recycling of agricultural waste in producing compost and wormi-culture
2. In depth experience in prawn culture (both fresh water and salt water)
3. Exposure to diary-farming and mixed-farming. Achieved cost-savings in sheep-rearing by innovating on collective herding. Specialization in sheep weight and meat quality increase, thus helping farming community to achieve more from less. Exposure to Embryo transferring techniques to help improve weight of sheep, Kushi Agri Private limitted.
4. Horticultural expertise in multi-crop rotation to ensure year-long yield and unseasonal benefits to the farming community
5. Practicing cash crop farming with focus on high-income yielding plantation crops like sandal-wood
6. Special interest in bio-mass & Solar based electricity generation leading to independency of agricultural sector for its power needs