Ministry of Communications has launched the Cool EMS Service which will come into force from 29.03.2018.
Cool EMS service
- It is one-way service from Japan to India
- It allows customers in India to import Japanese food items for personal use which is allowed under Indian regulations.
- Initially, Cool EMS Service will be available in Delhi only.
- Food items will be carried by Japan Post in special cool boxes containing refrigerant to preserve the quality of the food items and addressee will collect them from Foreign Post office, Kotla Road, New Delhi in-person or through a messenger in the prescribed time frame.
- All other features like track and trace, etc of Express Mail Service (EMS) will be available for Cool EMS service as well.
MoU was signed during the visit of Prime Minister of Japan to India (September 14, 2017) -Arrangement between India Post and Japan Post on Administrative Instruction for the Implementation of Cool EMS service which aims at implementing the commercial arrangement of "Cool EMS” service between the Japan Post and India Post through which fresh food can be sent from Japan to India in cool boxes to facilitate for the Japanese expatriates in India