NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) has signed a Statement of Intent (SOI) with SAP to promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship.
Highlights of SOI:
- SAP in 2018 will adopt 100 Atal Tinkering Laboratories (ATL) for five years to nurture the science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) learning among secondary school children across India.
- The program aims to enable students to learn advanced technology topics relevant to digital transformation and the Internet of Things, e.g. Design Thinking methodology, introduction to programming languages and experiential science learning.
- SAP employee volunteers will coach and mentor students in advanced technology topics and the design lab of SAP Labs India, will provide trainings and allow students to gain hands-on experience with technology gadgets.
Atal Innovation Mission (AIM):
- Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) is Government of India’s flagship initiative to promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship in the country.
- AIM is mandated to create an umbrella structure to oversee innovation ecosystem of the country and revolutionizing the innovation eco-system - touching upon the entire innovation life cycle through various programs.
- Atal Tinkering Laboratories (ATLs) create innovators, Atal Incubation Centre and support to Established Incubation Centre will take the innovations to the market and a network of Incubators shall help create enterprises around these innovations.
- AIM also ensures training of teachers and mentors. It has organized a pan-India training workshop “Unbox Tinkering” which lasted over 100 days and at 10 locations.
SAP ("Systems, Applications & Products in Data Processing") is a German-based European multinational software corporation that makes enterprise software to manage business operations and customer relations. SAP is headquartered in Walldorf, Baden-Württemberg, Germany with regional offices in 180 countries. The company has over 335,000 customers in over 180 countries.