The Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Science has initiated Tribal Health Care Research Programme (THCRP) in 14 States through 15 Institutes under it.
The aim & objectives of THCRP:
- To Study the living conditions of tribal people
- To Collect information related to health statistics
- To study dietetic habits, nature and frequency of prevalent diseases, use of common medicinal plants in the area
- To provide medical aid at the door steps of tribals.
- To propagate knowledge about Ayurvedic concept of Pathyapathya including hygiene habits, dietary practice.
- To prevent diseases by adopting healthy way of living & clean environment (Swachhata)
The Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (CCRAS) is an autonomous body of the Ministry of AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy), Government of India. It is an apex body in India for the formulation, coordination, development and promotion of research on scientific lines in Ayurveda and Sowa-Rigpa system of medicine.