Know about Project Swajal:
- The Ministry of Drinking Water & Sanitation has launched second project of Swajal Yojana at village Bhikampura, Karauli, Rajasthan.
- Under this project, four reservoirs will be constructed in village and common tap connection will be given to almost 300 households.
- Swajal is a community owned drinking water programme for sustained drinking water supply.
- Under the scheme, 90% of the project cost will be taken care by the Government and the remaining 10% of the project cost will be contributed by the community.
- The Operations and management of the project will be taken care by the local villagers.
- Besides ensuring the availability of clean drinking water to every household round the year, the project would also generate employment