The Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) celebrated its 6th Foundation Day on in New Delhi.
Theme- ‘Sustaining Innovation – A Market Driven Pathway’
- Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC)
- a not-for-profit Public Sector Enterprise, set up by Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science and Technology Government of India
- It is to empower the emerging biotech industry to undertake strategic research and innovation.
- BIRAC is a new industry academia interface and implements its mandate through a wide range of impact initiatives,
- providing access to risk capital through targeted fundin
- technology transfer
- IP management
- handholding schemes that help bring innovation excellence to Indian biotech firms and make them globally competitive.
- BIRAC has initiated several schemes, networks and platforms that help to bridge the existing gap between industry-academia researches and facilitate novel, high quality and cost-effective affordable technologies.
- BIRAC has initiated partnerships with several national and global partners to collaborate and deliver the salient features of its mandate.
- BIRAC has played a critical role in supporting the entrepreneurial aspirations of brightest minds in the country through its programs and mentor support networks in keeping with the Government’s mandate.