The first National workshop on POSHAN Abhiyaan involving all the states and union territories is being held at PravasiBharatiya Kendra,New Delhi.
Nodal Ministry :
The Ministry of Women and Child Development
The Ministry of WCD is also launching five e-ILA (e-Incremental Learning Approach) courses and two ECCE(Early Childhood Care and Education) software modules
- .e-ILA is an online system where programme functionaries will become more effective by learning to plan and execute each task correctly and consistently through methodical and ongoing capacity building.
- The purpose of the ECCE module is to guide trainers to train Anganwadi Workers so that they are able to plan and conduct appropriate ECE activities.
What is POSHAN Abhiyan:
- POSHAN Abhiyaan was launched on 8th March 2018 by the Prime Minister in Jhunjhunu.
- POSHAN Abhiyaan has been set up with a three year budget of Rs.9046.17 crore commencing from 2017-18.
- The Abhiyaan will be implemented in all States and Union Territories in a phased manner.
- For the financial year 2017-18, 315 districts in the descending order of prevalence of stunting, have been identified for executing the Abhiyaan. Video conferencing was held with these districts for orientation on 15th March 2018.
The following activities are to be undertaken by States/UTs as part of POSHAN Abhiyaan:
Implementation of Convergence Action Plan at State/UT Level.
Procurement of Smartphones, Tablets and Growth Monitoring Devices by States/UTs.
Roll-Out of ICDS-CAS(Common Application Software).
Implementation of ILA(Incremental Learning Approach) and CBE(Community based events).