Inaugurated 7th Women Science Congress at the ongoing 105th session of Indian Science Congress in Imphal
- 7th Women Science Congress is a significant step towards nation-building”
- women can not only prove to be good scientists, they can light the lamp of knowledge in the family as well as the society.
- The Governor of West Bengal also released a souvenir of Women Science Congress on the occasion.
- The first Women Science Congress was held in 2012.
Ministry of Science & Technology, has launched the India-US Fellowships in December 2017 to encourage research by women in the field of science and technology.
Know about Imphal:
- Imphal is the capital city of the Indian state of Manipur. Ruins of the Palace of Kangla, the royal seat of the erstwhile Kingdom of Manipur, are in the city centre, surrounded by a moat.
- Kangla Fort is on the banks of the Imphal River, and is also known as the Palace of Kangla.
- The market stalls are all run by women, and it is reportedly the only such market in the world