A Vigyan Jyoti rally was held from the Imphal Raj Bhavan to Manipur University campus at Canchipur on Wednesday (on March 14).
- The rally was organised as part of the Pride of India (PoI) Expo in connection with the upcoming 105th Indian Science Congress (ISC) at Manipur University.
- The PoI Expo is a mega science exhibition and a major attraction of the ISC, which is scheduled to be held from March 16-20.
- The focal theme of this year’s ISC is “Reaching the unreached through Science and Technology”.
- India has made exceptional advances in various branches of science and has imprinted its niche as a forthcoming science hub in general with special presence in the fields of space research, traditional and alternative medicines, computer science and basic sciences.
- The fruits of scientific advances need to be equally valued by each and every citizen. It is crucial that science touches, influences and ushers in a positive change among scores of individuals who were denied the comforts of scientific advancements due to multitude of reasons.