Uber Technologies Inc. founder Travis Kalanick, who was ousted from his role as the ride-hailing giant’s CEO last year, has launched a new venture investment fund called 10100, which will look to invest in emerging technologies in countries such as India and China, among other things.
Know about Uber:
- Uber Technologies Inc. is a peer-to-peer ridesharing, food delivery, and transportation network company
- Uber—a company that Travis Kalanick, co-founded with Garrett Camp in 2009.
- Headquarters: San Francisco, California, United States
- Other than emerging technologies in India and China, 10100 will focus on “large-scale job creation,” with investments in real estate, e-commerce, and emerging innovation in China and India.
- The new fund will also look to undertake non-profit initiatives that will initially focus on education and “the future of cities