Calming the students over the stressful situation created because of the ongoing exam fever, the State of Tamil Nadu has launched a 24 hour helpline for the first time in the country.
- This helpline would provide information on education and offer guidance to the students.
- Chief Minister K Palaniswami formally launched the toll-free number 14417 through the 24-hour Education Guidance Centre set up at the Secretariat that would offer information relating to school education and offer guidance to students.
- This would serve as a platform where students and parents can get their grievances addressed. And career guidance will also be provided for higher secondary students.
- This will be of great help for the students in rural areas.
Know about Tamil nadu:
- Tamil Nadu is one of the 29 states of India.
- Its capital and largest city is Chennai (formerly known as Madras). The state shares a maritime border with the nation of Sri Lanka.
- Tamil Nadu is the eleventh-largest state in India by area and the sixth-most populous.
- The state was ranked sixth among states in India according to the Human Development Index in 2011, and is the third-largest state economy in India with ₹13,842 billion(US$210 billion) in gross domestic product after Uttar Pradesh and Maharashtra.
- Tamil Nadu was ranked as one of the top seven developed states in India based on a "Multidimensional Development Index" in a 2013 report published by the Reserve Bank of India.
- Its official language is Tamil, which is one of the longest-surviving classical languages in the world.
Tiger reserves in state:
Sathyamangalam Tiger Reserve has the largest elephant population in India.