Twitter has announced a crackdown on accounts powered by software “bots” which can artificially amplify a person or cause and which have been accused of manipulating the social network during the 2016 U.S. election.
- . The move was the latest by Twitter to enforce rules aimed at curbing disinformation, propaganda and provocation.
- Since the 2016 election, Twitter and others discovered how “bots” had been used to sow political divisions and spread hoaxes.
What is Bot Software?
- Bot software are programs that have a degree of autonomy during the processing stage and a less limited range during the input and output stages
- Bots are the software equivalents of robots: automated machines and automated bot software. What tasks they can attempt, let alone accomplish, is wide-ranging, and varies AI to AI.
Know about Twitter:
- Twitter is an online news and social networking service where users post and interact with messages, known as "tweets."
- CEO: Jack Dorsey
- Headquarters: San Francisco, California, United States
- CFO: Ned Segal
- Founders: Jack Dorsey, Biz Stone, Noah Glass, Evan Williams
- Subsidiaries: MoPub, Gnip, Bluefin Labs, We Are Hunted, MORE