1.Chinese Navy’s ‘Blue 2018A’ fleet has been training in the East Indian Ocean
2.An Australian website, news.com.au
3.Sunda Strait :
- The Sunda Strait is the strait between the Indonesian islands of Java and Sumatra.
- It connects the Java Sea to the Indian Ocean.
- Dutch East India Company used it as the gateway to the Spice Islands of Indonesia
- Unsuitable for many modern large ships, most of which use the Strait of Malacca instead.
- The Lombok Strait is a strait connecting the Java Sea to the Indian Ocean, and is located between the islands of Bali and Lombok in Indonesia.
- The Gili Islands are on the Lombok side.
- Much deeper than the Strait of Malacca — ships that draw too much water to pass through Malacca (so-called "post Malaccamax" vessels) often use the Lombok Strait, instead.
- The Lombok Strait is notable as one of the main passages for the Indonesian Throughflow that exchanges water between the Indian Ocean and the Pacific Ocean.