Researchers at Google and its health—tech arm Verily have found that Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) could help identify signals of heart diseases through retinal images.
The study, published in the journal Nature Biomedical Engineering, showed that deep learning applied to a retinal fundus image, a photograph that includes the blood vessels of the eye, can predict risk factors for heart diseases — from blood pressure to smoking status.
- Google is an American multinational technology company that specializes in Internet-related services and products, which include online advertising technologies, search engine, cloud computing, software, and hardware.
- Google was founded in 1998 by Larry Page and Sergey Brin while they were Ph.D. students at Stanford University, California.
- In 2016, company announced the Google Station initiative to make public Wi-Fi available around the world, with initial deployment in India.
- Alexa, a company that monitors commercial web traffic, lists Google.com as the most visited website in the world
- Unofficial slogan was "Don't be evil".